Inflammation is one of the causes of various dreadful diseases such as asthma, high blood pressure, arthritis, and heart-related diseases, to name a few. Don’t you know that inflammation can be managed through diet modification? All you need to do is to enrich your diet with foods containing natural anti-inflammatory properties. Want to know what these foods are? Keep on reading below.
Foods containing natural anti-inflammatory properties are high in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acid, potassium, and sodium. They cleanse the body and prevent toxin build-up. Some of the foods with natural anti-inflammatory properties include the following:
Healthy Foods for Harsh Environments
- Bok Choy – It is tagged as a superfood because it contains a high level of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It contains hydroxycinnamic acids; a powerful antioxidant responsible for Bok Choy’s anti-inflammatory property.
- Celery (both plants and seeds) – If you are not fond of eating celery, then now is the best time to do so. It lowers the level of cholesterol, improves blood pressure reading, and prevents the possibility of cardiac-related diseases. The seeds of celery have anti-inflammatory property too. It has been tested and proven effective in fighting bacterial infection. It also facilitates flushing out of toxin as it is rich in potassium.
- Berries – berries are superfoods, especially blueberries. Including berries in your diet can benefit your health in many ways. It does not only have a natural anti-inflammatory property, it also helps improve your vision, improves motor skills, and delay the onset of degenerative diseases such as cognitive decline. Blueberries contain quercetin; a substance that helps prevent inflammation and fights cancer. Blueberries are also rich in vitamin C and K.
- Salmon – It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. A person is highly encouraged to include salmon in his/her diet as it helps lower the possibility of inflammatory-related diseases such as arthritis and cardiac-related diseases. An abundant supply of omega-3 fatty acid in the body helps improve the cognitive function of the brain. It helps prevent the onset of degenerative diseases of the brain.
- Flaxseeds – It has a high antioxidant content. It is a superfood known to regulate a normal hormone level in the body. It also has an anti-aging property. Flax seeds contain lignans, a phytonutrient known for its strong antioxidant content. To maximize the benefits of flax seeds, you should grind the seeds and add it to your favorite smoothie. There is also a readily available flax seeds in the market. It costs more but you will surely get your money’s worth considering the number of health benefits.
The environment can play a big factor in the diet one may have. Some people are more prone to diseases just because of the environment that they live in. If the environment you live in has harsh conditions, then consider moving. Thank you to our sponsors who excel at Eden Prairie HVAC to ensure their customers are living in a healthy environment!